Vacancies at Arsenal: A holding midfielder, a right-back and a playmaker. Only kidding. There was a fun vacancy at the Emirates Stadium I came across today that I felt worthy of blogging about.
That’s because the Gunners have recently posted a vacancy to work behind the scenes at the club. The role is for a Live Producer with five or more years’ experience with the main responsibilities of creating content for our social media channels.
We have over 75 million followers on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages combined, ranking us ninth in the world in terms of social media.
The responsibilities include:
- Produce and direct the Breakdown Live show to a high broadcast standard whether that is remotely or in the studio
- Effectively manage and develop the Live Director/Editor
- Maintain and develop relationships with the key talent for the Breakdown Live
- Ensure the Breakdown Live remains contemporary and have a multi-platform presence
- Occasional production of Club day shoots and multiplatform features
- Deliver and oversee pre-season live streams and occasional Youth/Women’s live streams throughout the course of the season
- Devise and deliver tactics to exploit any new match footage rights in our matchday show offering
- Devise a strategy for our live matchday offering for when fans return to matches
(via Freelance Video Collective)
With a deadline of 28 February, the club are looking to hire someone immediately. This means we could see even more content on our team’s social channels from as early as March.
It certainly sounds like a fun role, especially for any fellow Gooners.
Anyone interested in applying should take a look at the requested skills:
- Strong production skills, proven ability to creative narrative from rushes
- Strong live production and direction skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and as a part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of live production workflows
- Operating knowledge of Tricaster or equivalent
- An understanding of video codecs, encoding and formats
- Track record of line management and developing team members
- A keen interest in media technologies, social media, video and audio trends
- Ability to produce content that fits the house style and appeals to Arsenal’s audience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and collaborative approach to working with stakeholders
- Impeccable attention to detail and awareness of sensitivities around Club media
Arsenal have a busy schedule for the remaining three months of the season with regular Premier League action as well as competing in the UEFA Europa League.