We picked up another point on the road as we saw out a goalless draw at Turf Moor on Sunday afternoon. Followings wins over Leicester and Man United in their last two games, we did well to keep a clean sheet as Burnley just edged the game, but couldn’t find a way through our resolute defence.

We won several of the early exchanges, with Lacazette missing what looked to be an easy header in the opening minutes to put us one up nice and early. Mesut Ozil on his 250th appearance in an Arsenal shirt was pulling the strings in the first 10 minutes, and him and Aubameyang were linking up well moving forward.

On 14 minutes, Aubameyang fluffed his lines in front of goal, scuffing his shot past the left hand post under no pressure with only the keeper to beat.

Rodriguez tested Leno from distance on 18 minutes, the German pulling off a smart save to give away a corner. Dwight McNeil fired over with a rocket of a shot, but Leno had it covered on 29 minutes. Hendrick also skied one when everyone missed a poor cross, firing over the bar from 15 yards when he had a lot more time than he realised.

As the half wore on, Burnley pressured well as we found it harder to create the same chances as we had done at the start of the game. They went close a few times from corners, and Mesut Ozil was getting frustrated on the right side of the pitch, talking himself into the referee’s notebook on 44 minutes.

That was the last action of note in the first half which was fairly even and finished 0-0.

Saka was pictured limping at half time after spending most of the first half being clattered about the pitch by Burnley players and Lucas Torreira replaced him during the break. This meant Xhaka dropping back into defence as he did against Chelsea after David Luiz’s red card.

Xhaka followed Ozil into the refs notebook with a scruffy challenge and Burnley almost opened their account with the resultant free kick ten minutes after the restart. Torreira also got booked a couple of minutes later as Burnley threatened again.

Ozil made way for Joe Willock with half an hour left with Burnley keeping the pressure on, still looking the most likely to go one up.

Torreira and Willock both fired shots goalwards as we tried to find our early creative promise with 20 minutes left. Hector Bellerin curled a tame shot round the post and Aubameyang went close with a header with 15 minutes to go as we looked like getting a better hold of the game.

Burnley almost broke the deadlock, a shot crashing off the bar onto the line and out, goalline technology pricing the referee had called it right.

Lacazette made way for Eddie Nketiah with a couple of minutes left as Arteta made his final change to try and win the game.

The game finished 0-0 meaning we have drawn five in a row now, and this was Burnley’s first draw in a year. It seems Arteta has more than sured up the defence, but now it feels like the goals are becoming hard to come by.

Two weeks off now to regroup ahead of a home against Newcastle, where we will be hoping to end this run of draws with what would be just our 7th win of a transitional season under Arteta.